15.9.10

... something special

I was thinking about it the other night, how often do we get to witness something truly special? And are we even aware of how special it is at the time?

A couple months ago, Justin and I got to watch a marriage proposal happen in front of us. At the time, I thought it was neat, but looking back, I realize how truly amazing that moment is. It is a moment that those two people will remember forever and that has changed the course of their future.A baby being born, a first date, a little girl spending time with her daddy, a child learning to ride a bike for the first time, a soldier returning home after war, a dog being reunited with its owner, etc.

What a blessing, to be a witness to these moments. From now on, I'm going to try and be more aware, more conscientious of these moments and truly take them in!