12.6.10

I {Love} My Daddy!

With Father's Day right around the corner, I spent all day yesterday working on a Father's Day present for daddy. My dad is seriously, the HARDEST person to shop for - what do you get somebody who has everything and literally just buys himself whatever he wants/needs? It's been a lifelong challenge for us kids, and I've basically covered all of my bases, twice. While I tend to stay away from the cheesy calenders for him, I found one at Walmart.com (surprise!), that was a smaller, desk calendar - more dad's style. And, I've seen this book at Target for a couple of years now, "Why A Daughter Needs a Dad," by Gregory E. Lang and have always liked the sayings inside it, but knew my dad wouldn't care too much for just a book. So, I combined the two - I bought the book, stole some of the sayings, and personalized a calendar of pictures and sayings for daddy.

Here are the pictures for the calendar:

I think he'll like the monthly reminders of why I need and love him, do you?