3.6.10

{SPOILED}


she looks so innocent...

Everyone who knows me [and Justin] knows Emma is just our pride and joy - our Princess. Lately, I have to admit, she has been O.C. with her behaviors. She knows she has us both wrapped around her little paws and she is not afraid to take advantage of it.

For instance:
demanding treats when SHE feels necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, scratching on the cabinet door where we keep the treats and whining.

demanding
petting, i.e. belly rubs. This involves Emma laying full fledge on her back, paws in the air, in the middle of the living room floor, occasional whimpers, until someone, ANYONE, gives her belly rubs.

demanding
walks. In the morning [and suddenly afternoon time now too...] around 'walk time,' Emma makes it very clear that it's time to go. She begins following me around wherever I go, and she'll sit and stare at me until I take her for a walk.

demanding
car rides. Emma also knows that she gets to go with to pick up daddy from work, so right around 4:45 she won't leave my side, she sits and stares at me, and she runs ahead of me to the door before I even get a chance to leave-ensuring that she is not left behind. Of course, once we get in the car, she makes it known that the window needs to be down, as she crawls right on my lap and sticks her nose up to the glass until she gets her way. [we have puppy nose marks on our window to prove it].

demanding
water- FROM A BOTTLE, COLD. Emma has always preferred cold water from a water bottle, but lately, she's only been drinking it from the bottle [not her dish]. Example: when I get back from working out, I'll sit on the floor and stretch, cold water bottle in hand. Not to be forgotten, Emma prances over, sits in front of me, whines, wags her tail, and stares at the water until I tip it over on its side and allow her to drink from it. Last night, she was sitting on our bed whining, and I wondered what her deal was - well, I come out to find her staring at a water bottle on our dresser! Sure enough, she was thirsty.

I'm afraid I could go on and on about the tales of Emma and her bossy ways, but it's 'walk time,' and you know what that means...got-to-run! :)